TikTok SEO For Beginners
The Ultimate Guide To TikTok SEO For Business
Did you know that TikTok is becoming more of a Search Engine platform? Meaning it shows content based on search results. Not only that, TikTok is becoming the next big search engine!
Insider published an article last year saying that TikTok got more traffic than Google in 2021 according to Cloudflare. In July 2022, Techcrunch published an article that said that the VP of Google’s Knowledge and information admitted at the Fortunes brainstorm tech conference that TikTok is not only impacting Youtube, it’s also affecting Google search and maps!
So if you are a business owner/content creator, TikTok SEO is definitely something you need to consider to attract your ideal customer. I have been closely testing this for a few months now and have successfully ranked my videos for long tail keywords on TikTok.
If you are looking for a way to get on TikTok SEO Here are some tips to optimize your TikTok Videos for SEO ( Search Engine Optimization )
Think about the key phrase (keyword) you want to rank for on TikTok
Go to the TikTok search bar and type in your seed keyword and let it auto-suggest what people are searching for or you can use a keyword research tool like SEMrush or Ahrefs.
Now create your video on TikTok but add that keyword to the following places:
- TikTok video description (use hashtags that has that keyword)
- TikTok video title (use the in-app text feature)
- Say the keyword or key phrases on your video
- Use the TikTok in-app captions
That’s basically TikTok SEO but here’s how to take it a step further.
- If you create your video outside the TikTok app, make sure to rename the file with your keyword/keyphrase in the file name.
- Once you post that video on TikTok, create a mini blog article on your website and embed your TikTok video (I have a tutorial on this on my profile)
- Next, make a Pinterest pin about the blog and link it back to your website.
- Make a YouTube video about the blog and link it back to your website.
- Post your TikTok video to your GMB profile
Using Google properties (GMB, YouTube) increases your chance of your TikTok video getting indexed by Google.
Most importantly, creating content that adds value to your audience is key, relatable, educational, or entertainment-based content with a strong SEO strategy is how you can truly rank up in search results.
Join Our Newsletter
Need Help With Digital Marketing?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter To Get Instant Access To Digital Marketing Tips & Strategies For Your Business To Thrive Online In 2022!